Januray's already over! That's already one month down this 2018. *cries*
While getting older is definitely no fun, THERE ARE SOME OTHER THINGS TO BE EXCITED ABOUT! Like, well, BOOKS. In fact, I want to read these gorgeous babies so bad, that I'd probably give up February's worth of chocolate cake just to get them in my tiny Asian hands. See the torture I'm willing to put myself through for books!?
Without further ado, here are my personal list of EIGHT of my most anticipated February reads (in order of release dates)! *confetti explosion* *cue smoke machine* *Pssssssssh*
1. American Panda by Gloria Chao (February 6th): This little beauty is about a Taiwanese-American girl, and of course, being Chinese (that's not the same, but very closely related), I'm very familiar with the culture that this book will hopefully represent well. My dad has always been pushing me to become a doctor (being the rebel I am, I've firmly said no), and have LOTS of friends who aren't allowed to have relationships with non-Chinese. I really hope this one does our kind some justice and I hope it features Taiwanese pancakes because those are DIVINE.
2. When My Heart Joins the Thousand by A.J. Steiger (February 6th): Okay, the cover got me. BUT this one's apparently about mental health so I am VERY much down for it! I'm getting some slight Everything, Everything (which I have NOT yet read, by the way; please don't take my cake) vibes from the synopsis.
3. Honor Among Thieves by Rachel Caine & Anne Aguirre (February 13th): SO MANY ALIEN BOOKS IN 2018 I iz excite! This one's written by two highly-acclaimed authors, plus the synopsis promises "dark, ominous truths," so of course I need to get my
claws hands on it. The bar for my expectations is hiiiiiiiiiigh, though. I mean, everyone loves ominous truths.
4. When Light Left Us by Leah Thomas (February 13th): ANOTHER ALIEN BOOK RELEASED ON THE SAME DAY! I actually find it odd that I'm interested in this one, even if it sounds like there isn't a romance. The synopsis is vague as heck and makes me even more curious. What it does say, though, is that this book will focus on family and friendship, which are both VERY important in YA!
5. Ink, Iron, and Glass by Gwendolyn Clare (February 20th): A book about books. SIGN ME UP. I'm familiar with the concept of worlds being written into reality, although I don't think I've actually gotten around to reading a book like this one, so I will this time around! Plus, it's set in an alternative 19th century Italy. AAAAND look at that gorgeous watercolor cover and the textures are asdfghjkl.
6. Pitch Dark by Courtney Alameda (February 20th): Hurray for the third alien book on my list! What makes this one different from the other two is that this one's a HORROR novel. So basically: TAKE ALL MY MONEY.Check out this list of 8 AWESOME upcoming February YA releases! Click To Tweet
7. Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston (February 27th): Okay, this is the last space book for this list. This one sounds a bit more adventure-y than the other three (honestly I just assumed this at the mention of "coordinates," but you guys still love me, right?) I've also seen a handful of fairly positive reviews for this one, mentioning how the romance is gloriously slow-burn? SAY NO MORE, THIS BOOK SHALL BE MINE.
8. A Girl Like That by Tanaz Bhathena (February 27th): Holy mother of diversity! This book has it all: race, identity, class, and religion. The romance sounds really intriguing as well, so there is obviously much need for me to read this and figure it all out for myself.YA alien and space books are going to be a HIT this February! Check out some of these upcoming novels: Click To Tweet